Employee Health and Well-Being
Back To News
Supporting Employee Health and Well-Being in Your Current Work Environment - Anthem
Supporting Employee Health
Anthem recently put out an article explaining how to support employee health and well-being in your current work environment.
Here are some of the key points for employers:
Encourage flu shots.
- The CDC estimates 17 million workdays are lost due to the flu. Recommend that your workforce receive the shot.
Maintain good health habits.
- Remind your workers the benefits of wearing masks, handwashing, and using hand sanitizer.
Promote COVID-19 vaccinations.
Vaccines are easy to find and prevent you from losing employees to illness.
Support virtual care options.
- Alternative to in-office doctor visits allow your employee to fit medical care into their busy schedule.
Endorse well-being programs and yearly physicals
- Offices can promote lunch-time walks, online health seminars, distribute informative health articles, and emphasize the importance of yearly physicals.
Mental health promotion is key in the modern office.
- From August 2020 to February 2021, the percentage of adults with symptoms of anxiety or a depressive disorder increased from 36.3% to 41.5%.
- According to the National Business Group on Health, 27% of surveyed employees are seeking help with post-pandemic burnout.
These are just the basic points. Read the full article by Anthem on the Benefits Guide website now.